Tuesday, December 29, 2009

More on our Ensign picture.....

So Kevin dropped Casey off at work this morning and, on the way home, he stopped at a convenience store to get a drink. When he went to pay for his drink, the cashier said, "Hey, isn't your picture in the Conference issue of the Ensign?" This was a complete stranger. My thoughts on this are either: A) Kevin has the kind of face that you just can't forget or B) That guy really studies his conference issue!

We have had people we know recognize us, but never just a regular guy off the street.

I didn't post the picture before, but I thought I would go ahead just for fun.


3 comments:

Be Thou Humble said...

I've always wondered how they selected people to put in the Conference issue...Do they just go around snapping pictures and then select the ones they want?

The King family said...

We were just walking near the SL temple on the way to the conference center when a guy with a badge asked if he could take our picture. He said the church has 10 photographers taking 100 pictures each, so our chances were 1 in 1,000 of our picture getting in.

Clark Siler said...

I had my picture taken years ago--a friend and I got an idea to sing for conference tickets in 2000 (it worked!)--but our picture didn't end up in the Ensign.

Great picture (and story); I'll think of you when I review that talk before next conference.