Saturday, May 2, 2009

Edgemont 5K 2009

So, it's that time of year. The annual Edgemont Elementary 5K Fun Run/Walk was Friday May 1, 2009. It's one of my favorite things that Edgemont does. The whole community turns out to walk and/or run the 5K. Abby had a great time. Ashley did very well. She was the 2nd fastest girl in the school. The top 3 6th grade girl runners are all on the same soccer team! McKenzie came in 1st, Ashley 2nd, and Kesley 3rd. It was a fun day. I walked it with a couple of my students and I was really proud of them. It was hard for them but they did very well.


1 comment:

Sheila said...

Way to go Ashley!! Oh, I loved that Edgemont did this too, such a fun thing! (Not sure if you remember I did this 4 or 5 months pregnant and won for fastest teacher?!?!!! It's just a good thing some of the REAL runner teachers were gone that day!)