Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm now a "working mom"!

It's official. I will be teaching full-time this school year. I got a job teaching special education at the neighborhood school that my two youngest girls attend. It's a long, drawn out story, but they offered me the job this afternoon and new teacher orientation starts tomorrow! Wow! This is going to be an adjustment for all of us! Wish me luck!!

It's a really cute class. I substituted there last year and so I know all the kids. I even thought to myself, "If I were to teach again, this is the sort of set up I could go for." Little did I know.....

Tomorrow I begin my life as a "working mom". As far as we are planning, it is just for this year. All of the projects I have been working on will have to be put on hold.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Good Luck!!

Marianne & Clayton said...

Holy Moses! How fun and exciting, good luck!